Our Warrior athletes are highly encouraged to continue their training off the field, especially this summer. Please take advantage of the workouts provided to the Warriors by Crossfit Haze. If you are interested in joining training group please use the contact information below.
Contact: Jaqueline Robert
- See the Crossfit Haze plan (below) or download the printable plan.
Here are a few simple things you can do from anywhere without any equipment that will make you a better athlete and prepare you for football:
Workout #1: (Perform this workout once every 7 - 10 days)
- Stretch thoroughly for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Warm up with a 400 meter run
- If you are hot and sweating, then start the workout. If not, then go for another 400 run.
- Workout: every minute on the minute for 15 minutes: run for 20 seconds as fast as you can, then recover for the next 40 seconds. Focus on your breathing during your rest time. Try to keep track and how far you can run during your work periods and see if you are making ground over the course of the summer.
Workout #2: (perform this workout once per week)
- Stretch thoroughly for 5 - 10 minutes
- Warm up with 10 sets of jumping onto something, a box, a wall or just jumping high into the air and landing. If you have a skipping rope, use that!
- Tabada: squats, sit-ups, push-ups & broad jumps.
- Tabada means do 8 rounds of work, working for 20 seconds of work and then 10 seconds of rest. This ends up working for 4 minutes for the 8 rounds.
- So what this will look like: 8 rounds of squats for 4 minutes. Record your score for whatever your lowest score per round was. After your 8 rounds of that one movement is over, do your next movement after resting 1 minute.
- Same warm up and stretches as before workouts 1 and two:
- For 10 minutes: do 25 meters of bear crawls (hands on the ground and feet on the ground, tummy facing the ground, weight forward on your shoulders) followed by 25 meters of crab walks (hands and feet on the ground, back facing the ground, hips off the ground.
Then three rounds of:
- 30 seconds of push-up position holds. Make your back straight and hold that push-up position without actually performing a push-up. Over the summer build up to holding that position for as long as possible (past 30 seconds).
- 45 seconds of leg raise position. Lay down on your back and keep your legs off the ground by 6". Again, build up your ability to hold this position for as long as possible.
- 10 broad jumps. Jump as far as you can.
Workout #4 (optional workout to be performed once or twice per week)
- Go for a light walk or a walk run workout where you keep your heart rate up to a level where you can always keep a conversation with someone without laboured breathing but that it is more than sitting on the the couch.
- Perform this for 45-60 minutes. An easy way of doing this is to run at 50% for 30 seconds then walk for 45 seconds.
- Extensive work in this zone with your heart rate will drastically increase your ability to work hard during a football game. The other workouts are to give you more strength and speed, this one gives you stamina during the fourth quarter. Have fun and see you in the fall!
- Coach Robert